Engineer, Vehicle Intelligence
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
You perform research, development and implementation of algorithms for probabilistic planning and decision making under uncertainty. You investigate novel ways for vehicle decision making, including methods like Bayesian risk analysis in uncertain urban environments and other probabilistic approaches in robotics applicable to decision making for automated/autonomous vehicles and test them on the road using out prototype vehicles. You perform research, development and implementation of algorithms for sensor data classification, traffic prediction, learning from demonstration, etc. You furthermore investigate concepts, to ensure the intelligent vehicle can cope with all driving situations and transfer the developed product innovations for future Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Minimum Skills Required:
- B.S. with at least 2 years of prior experience or M.S. in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
- Knowledge and proven expertise in planning under uncertainty and probabilistic approaches in robotics (e.g. Bayesian inference, (PO)MDP planning)
- Knowledge of recent machine learning algorithms (e.g. Bayesian Networks, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Convolutional and/or Recurrent Neural Networks) as well as optimization techniques
- Proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
- Excellent C programming expertise
- Skills in the field of software architecture and software design (UML, statecharts)
- Experience with source code management, unit test, code review and issue tracking systems.
- Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
- Experience working independently in a large software setting
- Experience working with robot and/or automotive hardware
- Experience with simulation environments
- Excellent communication skills
- System integration and software architecture skills
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top