Energy Storage Business Development - Grid
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of five business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, and Advanced User Experience Design. All five business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Energy Storage Business Development position will create business opportunities for utility-scale energy storage products for the North American market. This is a new division of Mercedes-Benz that requires a self-motivated individual able to make quick decisions in a fast-paced market. The team member will be a key member of the core sales team to build the business from the ground up and will need to adapt and be flexible with a changing environment and structure. The position will require managing bids, building customer relationships, and contract negotiation.
- Build and execute strategy for utility-scale energy storage products drive sales for multi-megawatt energy storage products in the North American utility market.
- Identify, lead and develop to responses to customer Request for Proposals. Responsible for managing all responses (RFI, RFP, RFO), and securing contracts for large-scale storage.
- Develop and maintain a customer pipeline, with the ability to manage multiple projects with long sales cycles.
- Develop new projects, including creating proposals and managing contract negotiation.
- Negotiate business, financial and legal terms with project stakeholders (customer, EPCs, etc.).
- Support and build strategic partnerships with solar/project developers, including contract negotiation.
- Track sales activity, including forecasts, and build reports to present to internal stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with the technical team and effectively communicate key technical requirements between customers and engineering team. Contribute to future product strategy and market requirements.
- Ability to plan, execute, control and document project progress using MS-Office standard software.
- Domestic travel (25-50%)
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, economics or related field.
- Sales experience, including public bid process
- Excellent project management skills for large, complex projects
- Knowledgeable of energy, utility, energy storage industry
- Knowledgeable of financial and energy language and concepts
- Self-starter; able to solve problems and create solutions where none exist
- Ability to work independently; able to succeed with little oversight
- Flexible and can adapt to fast changing environment
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top