Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of five business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, and Advanced User Experience Design. All five business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- This position requires someone who does not fear to crawl in the back of a van and install sensors, such as temperature tracking. This individual knows how to install a pull-by-light system, is tech-savy and does not fear to implement the newest technologies in our vans.
- Responsible of all electrical engineering-related topics
- Install wired systems such as TCUs in vans or design electrical systems such as a pull-by-light
- Translate the latest tech trends into concepts for Mercedes-Benz Vans
Modify existing equipment, design and install new software/hardware equipment
- Able to translate user need into prototypes within a few days
Minimum Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree, Electrical Engineering or Bachelors 2 yrs equivalent work experience
- Minimum years of experience required: Over 6 years
- Own and drive a topic with minimum supervision and full autonomy
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively
- Develop electrical wiring for our vans.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles.
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with installing RFID/NFC-chips is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- Experience in installing telematics solutions (such as Masternaut, LostnFound) is a plus
- Rapid prototyping experience is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top