Durability Engineer - Durabilty Test Team
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.(MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused in delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Coordinate endurance vehicle testing for the Mercedes-Benz Passenger Car, VAN and AMG durability test fleets in the United States. The main focus is to create high quality test results, with high efficiency, and in the shortest possible time.Coordinate endurance vehicle testing for the Mercedes-Benz Passenger Car, VAN and AMG durability test fleets in the United States. The main focus is to create high quality test results, with high efficiency, and in the shortest possible time.
- Manage mileage accumulation (driving profile, locations, required maintenance etc.) of 15-20 vehicles of the Mercedes-Benz durability testing programs. Responsible to monitor and control Service Provider work output and associated external driver testing
- Monitor technical status of vehicles. Identify faults based on driver reports and diagnostic tools. Evaluate faults and lead problem solving activities, including 1st level technical analysis and detailed analysis for overall vehicle issues
- Report vehicle status, both technical and administrative, in all necessary and required forms and databases. Document technical durability status within the FINAS database. Create monthly reports for Level 1 (RD/P). Maintain internal Key Process Indicators for local MBRDNA and Daimler Management to monitor the current status and help forecast necessary future changes for the Durability testing planning
- Propose and manage root cause identification and vehicle repair processes promptly to enable continuation of vehicle testing and validation of the solution effectiveness. Control complete process from part logistics to effectiveness checks, including workshop orders in PIT
- Control detailed invoices from external Durability Service Provider and internal partners (e.g. emission lab). Control and overall program budget and report USD/km. Approve monthly billing per program
- Active participation in continuous process improvements for internal and external processes. Enable service suppliers to prepare for future requirements and lead preparations
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Engineering
- Automotive Knowledge: Detailed knowledge of automobile technology, vehicle architecture, assembly structure, modules and parts. Comprehensive knowledge of vehicle functions
- Diagnostic Knowledge: Knowledge of common diagnostic tools (tele diagnosis, INCA, Videamo/Ecoute, Diagmera, Monaco) and ability to interpret diagnostic data. Experience with CAN bus systems and ECU design
- Project Management Skills: Ability to control projects from conceptualization to implementation. Clear understanding of controlling key performance indicators and effective reporting. Strong skills in financial controlling of projects
- Interpersonal and Team skills: Experience in intercultural environment, with German language skills favored. Experience to work in a complex organization structure
- Analytic or systems engineering Knowledge: comprehensive skills to identify issues, analyze and evaluate problems, develop solutions and scenarios, evaluate alternative solutions based on established criteria and (lead) decision making
- Organization and leadership skills: Ability to organize workflows within the TechCenter and with all external partners, especially with the durability service supplier
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to test drive vehicles
- German language skills, written and spoken
- Experience in engineering design and development field of minimum 3 years, preferably in automotive industry
- Master’s degree with emphasis in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering
Back to top