Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Coordinate endurance vehicle testing for the Mercedes-Benz Passenger Car, VAN and AMG durability test fleets in the United States. The main focus is to create high quality test results, with high efficiency, and in the shortest possible time.Coordinate endurance vehicle testing for the Mercedes-Benz Passenger Car, VAN and AMG durability test fleets in the United States. The main focus is to create high quality test results, with high efficiency, and in the shortest possible time. Key targets of the durability testing is validation of the powertrain and drivetrain systems, including software validation, hardware validation, OBD diagnostics, and emissions testing.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Engineering
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Automotive Knowledge: Detailed knowledge of automobile technology, vehicle architecture, assembly structure, modules and parts. Comprehensive knowledge of vehicle functions
- Diagnostic Knowledge: Knowledge of common diagnostic tools (tele diagnosis, INCA, Videamo/Ecoute, Diagmera, Monaco) and ability to interpret diagnostic data. Experience with CAN bus systems and ECU design
- Project Management Skills: Ability to control projects from conceptualization to implementation. Clear understanding of controlling key performance indicators and effective reporting. Strong skills in financial controlling of projects
- Interpersonal and Team skills: Experience in intercultural environment, with German language skills favored. Experience to work in a complex organization structure
- Analytic or systems engineering Knowledge: comprehensive skills to identify issues, analyze and evaluate problems, develop solutions and scenarios, evaluate alternative solutions based on established criteria and (lead) decision making
- Organization and leadership skills: Ability to organize workflows within the TechCenter and with all external partners, especially with the durability service supplier
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to test drive vehicles
- German language skills, written and spoken
- Experience in engineering design and development field of minimum 3 years, preferably in automotive industry
- Master’s degree with emphasis in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top