Development Engineer, System Integration
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- This position will support testing, validation, and verification of telematics component development, ensuring high maturity, on-time delivery, and overall system qualification. The role is based in Long Beach, CA with initial training period in Montvale, NJ
- Provide technical support to the Telematics Test House by supporting the testing, verification, and validation of telematics components and their integration into a complete telematics system
- Assist with resolving technical problems, report errors, support documentation and traces, and promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process to Telematics Test House system integration teams and RD/U
- Regularly participate in meetings and scheduled test drives, organize meetings as needed
- Ensure testing procedures, special tools, and diagnostic equipment are maintained and configured/revised accordingly with requirements from RD/U
- Partner closely with internal Telematics Test House teams, respective RD/U teams, suppliers, and business partners to ensure pertinent test results are provided in a timely manner
- Provide support for workshop related tasks and technical support to internal Telematics Test House teams, respective RD/U teams while participating on telematics test drives
Lead configuration of test vehicles and equipment according to customer specification and requirements
Minimum skills required :
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Min 2 years of experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- Experience with embedded software and automotive solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top