Development Engineer, Product Improvement
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Developement Engineer on Telematics team will support component development, through systematic evaluation and comparison between Mercedes-Benz and competitor telematics systems. This role is based in Long Beach, CA with initial training period in Montvale, NJ
- Provide detailed analysis of current and future development telematics systems including features, user interface, and performance metrics
- Organize and conduct benchmarking sessions of competitor telematics systems including obtaining vehicles, scheduling participants, and collecting and processing data. Prepare and generate benchmarking reports based on analysis and feedback of benchmarking sessions
- Partner closely with internal and external departments (e.g. MBUSA Product Management, and Customer Assistance Center) to obtain feedback from the customer’s perception and evaluation of telematics systems
- Investigate potential product improvement concepts against current production telematics systems as well as future systems that are currently under specification review. Consult with Telematics Test House personnel to obtain ideas and opinions on improvements in function and user interface of telematics system. Publish documentation in regular intervals
- Research emerging technological trends in the automotive industry as well as the consumer electronics market and document potential future implementations for “connected car” concepts. Broaden knowledge by participating in trade shows
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Min 2 years of experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier work experience
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
- Experience with embedded software or automotive solutions
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top