Development Engineer, Connected Car
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Provide an End-2-End testing solution for the virtual backend, virtual vehicle, and virtual customer teams. Support the implementation, testing, and validation of the connected car teams.
- Ensure high product maturity levels, on-time delivery of testing results, and overall system qualification.
- Perform System Integration Testing for Connected Car services in close collaboration with local and international suppliers and business partners
- Support the Installation, operation, and maintenance of all test equipment (board level, HiL, test vehicles, etc.)
- Support the creation, execution, and maintenance of functional test scripts
- Support the planning, organization, and execution of test sessions with local and global testers
- Perform low level analysis of test results using debug, log files, and other techniques
- Document findings, track defects, and re-run test scripts in accordance with customer requests
- Management of test data and component variants
- Planning and review of supplier-driven testing
- Participate in team meetings by effectively communicating the status and any impediments to progress
- Provide regular, clear reports and communication to relevant stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience.
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- Experience with embedded systems, connected car, and automotive solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top