Development Engineer, Architect
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Define local architectural requirements
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architects in HQ to ensure alignment with the organizational Strategy, Vision, Road maps and overall Enterprise Architecture related artifacts
- Ensure best practices are adhered to throughout the architectural lifecycle
- Contribute to the effective management of risks and issues associated with integration and infrastructure design
- Review the architecture of the NAFTA platform, related applications, and services
Minimum Skills Required:
- Knowledge of complex IT Systems, application architecture, and IT security techniques
- Ability to understand large software products and proficiency in identifying problems, with proven experience in backend software development
- Ability to understand the big picture, while also being aware of a specific application details
- Ability to identify and discuss the potential risks in design and architecture, specifically addressing local market requirements
- Detail oriented, team player with excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple time zones
- Experience with embedded software and automotive solutions
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- ITIL Certification
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top