Design Engineer II, Advanced Engineering (L6)
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
The Advanced Engineering organization focuses on R&D to improve fuel efficiency and safety by shaping the future of transportation and pushing the boundaries in engineering and technology. Advanced Engineering is expanding in the area of aerodynamics of cab and chassis systems. The successful candidate will apply sound principles in mechanical systems, fluid dynamics as well as computational and analytical methods to design, develop and validate aero concepts for commercial vehicles.
- Design and development of aerodynamic systems for heavy duty trucks using sound principals of mechanical design, CFD, and wind tunnel experience.
- Execute projects according to the innovation quality gate system from concept development, design, prototyping, assembly and validation.
- Analyze and provide creative, technically-feasible solutions that create a differentiating benefit to DTNA in future products.
- Manage projects to work independently, meet deadlines, align and collaborate across the organization cross functionally
- Leading regional and global activities to create collaborations and synergies where advantageous for Daimler overall.
- Present project updates and innovation quality gates internally and cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering with 1 year of related experience OR an associate’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR 6 years of related engineering experience required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities required
- Demonstrated analytical skills required
- Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management required
- Master’s degree in degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering is preferred
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Back to top