Data Lead, Science
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
This will be a key role in building and resourcing the business incubator data requirements. The goal of this position is to create and establish data collection techniques, analysis and modeling across all incubator projects. This role requires a love of data, and a love of reporting. Working with the various specialist leads, the data lead will take control of the data pipelines and establish practical and creative methods to collect, manage, store, report and model outcomes.
- Take the lead on data and understand the needs of each project and data collection capabilities
- Understand the key data needs of multiple projects, timeframes and requirements to executing
- Resourcing projects with the appropriate number of analysts required to execute all tasks on time and on budget
- Bring "scrappy" and "technological" understanding to the incubator and advise on relevant data activities
Minimum Skills Required:
- Degree in Economics, math, Comp. Science or data science.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Experience in managing large data sets
- Understanding of tool marketplace
- Love of data
- Reporting Savvy
- Understanding of big data and complex data environments
- Understanding of automotive data, and automotive data extraction (CANbus, OBD2, telematics data, operating data, etc.)
- Familiar with data and data dash-boarding
- Understanding of data security
- Open-minded, creative individual, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm and a startup mindset.
- The ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems creatively.
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in executive leadership communication.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top