Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
We are seeking a highly motivated intern for internal and external communications at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. The intern we are looking for is enthused about new technologies and ideas in the field of Autonomous Driving, User Experience Design and Business Innovation, is passionate about new ways of communications and loves to go the extra mile. You have the chance to define your own projects, you have plenty of freedom to bring your ideas to life, plus, you will be highly involved in our daily business. This position is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week for 6 months.
- Research news from various MBRDNA teams for press releases, interviews and speeches.
- Help plan and coordinate events such as Friends and Family Days, Hack-a-thons and Tech Days. Hosting journalists and guests when they’re visiting.
- Be responsible for our social media strategy.
- You are self-reliant and motivated plus you live the hands-on mentality.
Minimum Skills Required:
- In pursuit of or completion of a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student in good academic standing majoring in Communications or Public Relations. Not a MUST, Business e.g. is also ok.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media tools.
- Reporting and editing experience.
- Creative approach to communications.
- Must be able to think creatively, work in a casual and dynamic team environment.
- Be comfortable in interfacing all levels of management.
- Open-minded, creative individual with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, with a startup mentality.
- Internship experience in the high-tech or automotive industry.
Back to top