Color and Material Designer
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Contribute to Advanced and Production Design projects, create innovative sketches and renderings, and deliver design presentations.
- US Trend and Market Research leading to recommendations for new Color, Materials, surface textures and innovative manufacturing techniques.
- Develops Color and Material Concepts for new Products relevant to the US and South American Markets.
- Participates as a member of the Color and Trim Strategy Team to initiate new exterior paint colors, interior colors, materials etc.
- Participates in Color-matching meetings at the factories.
- Represents and supervises American Color and Trim suppliers.
- Supervises US manufacturing locations regarding relevant Color and Trim themes.
- Supports projects in both Carlsbad and Sunnyvale (Travel as needed).
- Works on both Production and special Concept car projects.
- Supports DTNA/Freightliner US Projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Art, Textiles, Product or Industrial Design.
- Strong Communication; sketching and rendering skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented.
- Capable of handling managerial duties if needed.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top