CG Design Visualizer
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- To create high quality images and animations, as well as participate in 3D CAD modeling of proposed vehicles and/or components using Alias Studio software, Maya, VRed and other appropriate software. Work duties involve a high degree of creativity, skill, accuracy and coordination, incorporating technical expertise and artistic ability. Works individually or in groups with decisions made based on established procedures and specifications.
- Creates studio presentations/ visualizations /animations as directed in a timely manner.
- Creates 3D CAD Models of vehicles and components.
- Develops scene environments for high level vehicle images
- Manages CAD Model data; including data acquisition, transfer, and archiving.
- Provides 3D printing, Tarus milling data support and technical assistance.
- Investigates new software and makes suggestion regarding up-grades.
- Adheres to project schedules and manages the creation of CAD parts.
- High School Diploma
- Experience with Alias Studio, Maya and VRED
- Proficiency in Adobe After-Effects and Final Cut Pro
- Strong background in computer systems and animation/visualization software
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a design studio
- Experience in 3D CAD modeling and general understanding of form surfacing.
- Works well in a team environment and takes direction from management
- Good interdisciplinary collaboration and communication skills
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top