C++ Software Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics Team is looking for a passionate and versatile Software Engineer interested in shaping the future of the intelligent connected vehicle. The position is strongly focused on implementing software from a "Proof of Concept" level up to production ready systems that scale with the worldwide fleet of connected vehicles from Mercedes-Benz. As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects with a strong focus on C/C programming in the field of data acquisition, transformation and compute intense algorithms in the car.
- Define software architectures for data driven and Telematics applications in the vehicle
- Implement data driven programs in Linux-based embedded systems using C/C
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and Scientist to implement embedded Analytics algorithms
- Collaborate with Engineers to integrate data-driven solutions into the vehicle for Telematics, Autonomous Driving and Artificial Intelligence use cases
- Innovate data centric applications in the vehicle with new technologies
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelors; Computer Science or Equivalent
- Proven record of building C/C applications on Linux based systems
- Good understanding of complex multi-tier distributed systems
- Solid understanding of Linux based systems
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Experience in Agile Software Development methodologies
- Driver License
- Experience with Test Driven Development in C/C
- Background in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or applied Statistics
- Hands-on experience in implementing data driven use-cases in a large scale
- Ability to work in an international development team
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top