Business Innovation Intern
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
We are searching for interns to provide support forincubation, either students looking to learn about theprocess of incubation or fresh graduates eager to learnabout corporate innovation/development. This person willassist the Innovation Lead and Manager in the developmentof process/procedure documentation as well as compiling lessons learned from the major projects occurring.
- Documentation and standard operating procedure creation
- Administration functions, including recording results, documentation of outcomes, scheduling and desk research
- Strategy and creation of overall incubation mindset within the group, including the attending and working through bootcamps or strategy sessions
- Assisting project lead and innovation leads in the project management tasks, and recording various status
- Developing update and presentation templates, and creating slide formats for management updates
- Project and task management
- Support the growing Shared Mobility Alliance initiative
Minimum Skills Required:
- 0-2 years of work experience
- BA in process or completed in math, econ, business or applicable discipline
- Project Management Skills
- Understanding or interest in mobility or transportation concepts
- Broad understanding of current technology landscape
- Desire to work in auto industry
- Understanding or interest in mobility or new transportation concepts
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top