Autonomous Driving - Maps Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- The main task for this position is to develop, maintain, and document mapping solutions (concepts, specs, models, architectures, software) to support autonomous driving.
- This includes understanding the use cases from map stakeholders and translate them to models for the necessary map content, supporting map, map layers and system architecture design, implementing software modules to create and evaluate/verify maps .
- Create map solutions that support all autonomous driving use cases.
Document map requirements and be able to discuss these with map suppliers
- Specify map requirements and derive map format adaptations
- Architect and develop software modules for map validation and verification
- Discuss solutions with other developers and the system architect and support the creation of realistic plans for the development efforts by estimating the necessary amount of work and time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geodetic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in work with high-precision maps, Geo Information Systems and map formats
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Object Oriented programming languages including C
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing software solutions for Linux and/or embedded platforms is a huge plus
- Must be able to drive in the state of California upon start date
- Hands-on knowledge about DBs (especially Postgres/PostGis)
- Knowledge about testing and QA
- Hands-on MatLab experience
- Numerical and statistical analysis knowledge
- Automotive experience
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top