Autonomous Driving Engineering Intern
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Installation, integration, maintenance, and debugging of prototype systems (computer hardware, sensors, …) for autonomous vehicles.
- Test prototype systems for proper configuration and operation.
- Coordinate electronic/electrical installation tasks with team members for work flow and adherence to vehicle build schedules.
- This position may require driving so applicant must be able to drive in the state of California
Minimum Skills Required:
- In progress or recently graduated (within the last 6 months) from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with building electronics/electrical systems
- Willingness and drive to grow in knowledge and abilities
- Responsible, diligent, reliable, and proactive work ethic
- Seeks to always produce excellent results
- Cooperative and supportive team member
- Experience working with automotive systems
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with agile development processes is desired
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top