Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.(MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused in delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Perform vehicle maintenance, diagnostics and repairs including special preparaory actions as required for special projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and replace mechanical parts (assemblies, sub assemblies or individual parts) on inoperative vehicles
- Prepare vehicles for emission testing as well as release from emission testing
Support press vehicle preparation including on-site support at press events (including weekend and holidays as needed)
- Maintain automotive tools and equipment as well as a safe and clean work environment
Document activities, repairs, and support
Education & Experience:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- GED or High School Diploma, Automotive Mechanic
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems, tools, and equipment
- Knowledge and hands- on experience in all aspects of automotive diagnostic and repair work
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new automotive concepts and applications
- Proficient PC skills, including Windows based programs
High electrical background
Other licenses or certifications required:
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
- German language skills
- Previous experience with Mercedes- Benz vehicles
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top