Vocational Supervisor – Janitorial Crew I/II
POSITION SUMMARY: Position is part of the Vocational Rehabilitation program. Responsible for providing managerial, administrative, and vocational supervision to custodial team of employees to ensure efficient team operations and job skill development. Coordinate team functions within established performance standards and rehabilitative guidelines. Work alongside, demonstrate, set example, and help others grow in job skills supervised.
VS I – $13.75/hr. – $16.50/hr. (No degree)
VS II – $16.92/hr. – $20.31/hr. (Bachelor +)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise, direct work, and provide training to individual consumer employees on the janitorial crew.
- Transport consumer employees to and from the work sites using the company-provided passenger van.
- Promote consumer recovery and effective employee job performance using a strengths-based approach.
- Demonstrate, identify, implement and monitor customer service standards to ensure team members are meeting internal and external customer needs and are performing all service in a professional manner.
- Develop long and short term goals for individuals. Train, coach, and evaluate employees to maintain quality within the team, encourage growth and development of employees.
- Maintain awareness of diversity and effectively collaborate with culturally diverse employees.
- Participate in and inspect the work of consumer employees to ensure buildings are clean, work is done safely, and internal customers are satisfied.
- Maintain awareness of and support compliance with MHCD policies, procedures, as well as performance standards for each position.
- Identify when disciplinary procedures with and employee are appropriate, meet with the employee, and document the disciplinary action in writing.
- Participate in the selection and hiring process for internal and external candidates for job vacancies.
- Help enforce State, Federal laws, regulations and professional industry standards regarding mental health treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vocational Supervisor I: High School Diploma/GED. CPRP preferred, but not required
Vocational Supervisor II: Bachelor level degree in Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, Psychology or similar field.
EXPERIENCE: Five years in mental health, vocational rehabilitation, social services or in field of
services supervised.. One year supervisory experience is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service and community relations skills.
- Ability to give appropriate and timely feedback to staff, conveying praise or constructive criticism.
- Ability to identify and utilize cultural factors in evaluation and treatment planning.
- Knowledge of clinical supervision and care coordination.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and assess consumers in crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Knowledge of management applications as they relate to mental health environment.
- Some knowledge of DSM V and mental health.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and implement coordinated, systematic solutions.
- Working knowledge of PC-based software for communications, word processing, data tracking, and data analysis.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise work-experience vocational employees.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment. Ability to operate cleaning equipment such as vacuum, mops, floor scrubbers, etc. Must be able to drive with clean driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours. Driver license required.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top