Temporary Part-time Box Truck Driver
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides delivery and pick up services for the Mental Health Center of Denver, including donations and purchasing needs for the Adult Resource Center, residential facilities and other locations of MHCD. Takes an active physical role in loading, unloading and carrying various product on a daily basis.
***Please note that this is a temporary part-time, 24 hour per week role for approxiately 6 months. The new hire hourly rate is between $15.65/hour***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow organizational and departmental rules and guidelines
- Maintain boundaries with dual relationships.
- Pick up Food Bank of the Rockies orders and deliver to one of fourteen various locations throughout our organization, as organized by direct supervisor.
- Pick up private donations throughout our community, as organized by the Shoppette supervisor.
- Deliver furniture to members of our community, as organized by the Shoppete team.
- Takes an active physical role in loading, unloading and carrying various product on a daily basis.
- Maintain necessary records of work, receipts, customer needs/feedback and supply needs.
- Maintain safety and best practice techniques while lifting and moving goods.
- Assist with moving new furniture and products into the Shoppette to be inventoried.
- Prepare and move products ready for delivery to our dock area for the following work days delivery.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience as a driver. Candidate must have experience and be familiar with driving a box truck.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices
- Detailed and organized
- Good communication skills
- Customer-service orientation – friendly and polite
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Moving tools, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and navigational tools, such as GPS.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Requires lifting up to 100 pounds and co-lifting up to 150-300lbs. Requires physical stamina and manual dexterity sufficient to operate large trucks and equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the last 7 years. May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Back to top