Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Assist Real Estate Director and Operations Manager with the safety and environmental strategies for all programs, clinical and residential facilities presently owned and operated throughout the City and County of Denver to maintain sites and programs in a safe, clean and healthy manner.
Salary Range: $20.19/hr. – $23.08/hr. ($42,000/yr.-$48,000/yr.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and supervise Denver Security Services (DSS) at any sites deployed to.
- MHCD expanded safety committee member representing Facilities Services; bi-weekly planning, and implementation of strategies. Inform Risk Management and either Operations Manager or Director if unable to attend to arrange for substitute.
- Supervise Security Central building security system; all sites.
- Coordinate Key-Rite Security services for key and electronic access programming and video security systems.
- Stay current on all fire, state, city and HUD physical condition regulations and ensure properties are up to said regulations.
- Supervise JD Davis/Mountain Alarm Fire Protection System, and compliance requirements.
- Manage Building Automated Systems BAS and HVAC operations for all sites.
- Assist with capital budget development for renovating and upkeep of all properties as it pertains to safety items.
- Assist in the operations and maintenance of all residential facilities as it pertains to health and safety. Develop PM schedules for all properties. Coordinate duties to ensure safe, clean and healthy facilities.
- Responsible for managing the fire protection system and other associated technology for fire and tornado drills, as scheduled by Risk Management.
- Coordination of the security systems as appropriate at all locations, including alarms, panic buttons, surveillance cameras, entry systems, etc.
- Coordinate with IS Manager and Risk Management Manager as appropriate on building security, video security and electronic access. Responsible for implementation of systems.
- Serve as liaison to the Manager of Strategic Safety Initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or minimum 5 years equivalent working experience.
- Working knowledge of facility issues, including HVAC and electrical systems, remodel and construction project management, estimating, equipment and property maintenance experience, alarm systems and key systems. Communication with contractor and engineering services; Health, Life and Safety.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Understanding of safety and governmental regulation compliance including OSHA, HUD, State, City of Denver, EPA, FDA, and USDA is required. In-depth knowledge of property, LEED, environmental and facilities management. Knowledge in project management, purchasing, budgeting, office automation, and negotiating skills. Highly developed personal, management and written communication skills. Advanced level of personal computer skills, including spreadsheets, graphics, and word processing. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in analyzing purchasing decisions and contract negotiations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises Signage and lock shop technician.
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top