Residential Counselor II - Sat & Sun 11p-7a AON Park Place; 8P-8A AON Ash House
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: RC II – $18.12/hr. - $21.73/hr.
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate and work with consumers on a variety of activities of daily living (ADLs) needed for consumers to become more self-sufficient and move toward recovery. Additionally, you will facilitate group therapy, manage intakes/discharges, monitor medications, create a safe environment for the consumers, help coordinate treatment, and advocate for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Responsible for direct service care to consumers as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide individual psychotherapy with consumers to provide support and insight.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions within the house.
- Coordinate clinical care with case management services and other services both inside and outside of MHCD.
- Assess consumers throughout the workday and provide appropriate interventions.
- Encourage, support, and train consumers in activities of daily living (ADLs) - teaching consumers about hygiene, help make appointments, show how to do household duties/chores, such as cooking, cleaning, etc.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary system, help facilitate the treatment and continuity of clinical care.
- Complete intake and discharge tasks for consumers being place in the house as new residents or moving out of the house.
- Maintain household safety regarding a variety of household chores and activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
- Document all significant consumer interactions toward recovery and continuity of care.
- Complete necessary clinical documentation, such as the daily log, consumer record, and medication records.
- Respond to consumer and building emergencies and facilitate appropriate interventions. In emergency situations, contact other residential staff, your supervisor, or other clinicians when needed.
- Advocate for acceptance and integration of individuals with mental illness within the neighborhood and community in which they live.
- Required to attend scheduled team meetings.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RC II: Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology, human services, or related field.
QMAP (Qualified Medication Administration Person)
CPR & First Aid
Physical and TB required. (must be completed prior to hire, and maintained during employment)
EXPERIENCE: One year of mental health experience or in related field preferred. Must be 21
yrs. of age to apply.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and clinical skills:
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Attention to detail regarding clinical information.
- Must have a clear understanding of personal boundaries and be confident and self-assured in a variety of situations.
- Have the ability to de-escalate tense situations and remain calm.
- Possess a high level of energy, with a positive and creative attitude.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computer, telephone, facsimile, and other machines found in a residential facility.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending, lifting. Must be able to perform a variety of household tasks, climb stairs, move throughout the house, and quickly respond to emergencies. May require lifting 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Must meet qualifications under Chapter 7 of the Residential Care Facilities - Mentally Ill requirements. Shift work and/or weekend work is required. Certain programs may require a Class "S" driver's license.
Back to top