Purchasing Project Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: Purchasing Project Coordinator will be responsible for daily support of Procurement functions, up-keep, project tracking and supports the Director of Procurement.
Must have valid Colorado Driver License with good MVR.
Salary Range: $42,000/yr. – $44,000/yr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Procurement.
- Prepares and analyzes Requests for Proposals (RFP) with suppliers for efficient delivery of products and services; tracks and develops reports to identify progress of cost saving initiatives and process efficiencies.
- Assist in receiving and evaluating formal bids and makes recommendations for the award.
- Assist in obtaining and studying comparative prices and quotations.
- Assist with project management.
- Prepare and maintain vendor database and bidder lists.
- Provide departmental communications, maintains and updates department’s websites, documentation, files and databases. Contributes to and supports departmental initiatives.
- Audit invoices to make sure amounts are correct.
- Provide support to the Purchasing Assistance when on vacation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or higher with a minimum of 4 year related experience.
EXPERIENCE: At least 4 years of administrative assistant experience. Experience working directly with suppliers and customers via phone and email to resolve issues. Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment. Purchasing experience is a plus.
- Maybe required to drive to various sites. Must have valid Colorado Driver License with good MVR.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must have excellent follow‐up skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, self-starter and results oriented individual is a must.
- Detailed and organizational skills, capable of completing tasks in an efficient manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Must type 50 wpm minimum.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top