Psychiatrist – Adult Recovery Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide medical/clinical services to Consumers at the team(s) assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct psychiatric services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications.
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Handle psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations and court evaluations.
- Provide back-up psychiatric coverage throughout MHCD during operating hours.
- Supervise and provide necessary medical services of psychiatric Consumers.
- Primary and/or non-psychiatric medical care will be referred to appropriate sources.
- Supervise the treatment of involuntary center Consumers and comply with 27-10 rules and regulations.
- Supervise the treatment plans of assigned Consumers.
- Supervise and consult on medical screen reviews.
- Testify at court hearing of Consumers as necessary.
- Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
- Participate in program development with Division/Team Psychiatrist as assigned.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Board eligible desirable.
- Three years of psychiatric residency from an approved Adult Program;
- Five years of psychiatric residency from an approved Child and Family Program.
- Medical expertise. Expertise in use of psychotropic drugs.
- Knowledge and competency in all facets of mental health treatment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to participate in service delivery with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate with staff and other agencies in a professional manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top