Psychiatrist – Adult Recovery Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide medical/clinical services to Consumers at the team(s) assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct psychiatric services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications.
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Handle psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations and court evaluations.
- Provide back-up psychiatric coverage throughout MHCD during operating hours.
- Supervise and provide necessary medical services of psychiatric Consumers.
- Primary and/or non-psychiatric medical care will be referred to appropriate sources.
- Supervise the treatment of involuntary center Consumers and comply with 27-10 rules and regulations.
- Supervise the treatment plans of assigned Consumers.
- Supervise and consult on medical screen reviews.
- Testify at court hearing of Consumers as necessary.
- Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
- Participate in program development with Division/Team Psychiatrist as assigned.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Board eligible desirable.
- Three years of psychiatric residency from an approved Adult Program;
- Five years of psychiatric residency from an approved Child and Family Program.
- Medical expertise. Expertise in use of psychotropic drugs.
- Knowledge and competency in all facets of mental health treatment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to participate in service delivery with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate with staff and other agencies in a professional manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top