Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner / APRN
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide basic psychiatric clinical services to consumers at the assigned team(s) in accordance with state mandate for advanced practice nurses with prescriptive authority.
Salary range: $112,000 – $132,000/yr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation, diagnoses, and treatment of consumers.
- Prescribe and administer medications, and assist consumer s in medication management in collaboration with the attending psychiatrist under state guidelines:
o A stabilized severe and persistently illness
o An acute self-limiting condition (condition with a defined diagnosis, predictable outcome, and is not threatening to life or limb).
- Collaborate with attending psychiatrist to maximize efficiency of psychiatric services, including partial coverage in psychiatrist.
- Provide consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences and serve on committees.
- Provide coverage for psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations.
- Complete medical records and reports, and provide needed referrals to medical services for psychiatric consumers.
- Coordinate consumer care with respect to access to services, lab tests, case management, primary clinician, outreach services, other agencies related to the consumer’s care.
- Contact pharmaceutical companies in regard to educational materials, samples, and other information.
- Other related duties as assigned by Program Manager.
EDUCATION: Master of Science Psychiatric Nursing. Valid Prescriptive Authority in the State of Colorado in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: 4 years of experience in relevant clinical setting with understanding of psychiatric services in the area of health and psychological assessment, clinical diagnosis, pharmacology, and direct consumer services.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Medical expertise consistent with advanced practice nursing.
- Knowledge of the use of psychotropic and similar drugs.
- Competency in mental health treatment
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively with staff and other agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top