Psychiatric Nurse LPN I – Floater
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct nursing services, mental health assessments and treatment to consumers with severe and persistent mental illness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, and crisis interventions.
- Provide medical case management as needed.
- Assist consumers with psychological, social development and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and psychiatrist.
- Draw blood for lab work for consumers.
- Monitor consumers’ vital signs.
- Administer intramuscular medications.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing Lead Nurse and Program Manager.
EDUCATION: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. Licensed as a Practical Nurse in
good standing with the Board of Nursing of the State of Colorado.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of experience working with consumers with a serious and persistent
mental illness preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Theoretical and working knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Working knowledge of laboratory test results.
- Ability to assess crises situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- General knowledge of computer technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top