EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for MHCD’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://mhcd.org/workplace-of-choice/.
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOTICE: Covid19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption is required for employment with the Mental Health Center of Denver. Applicants who are not vaccinated at the time of offer acceptance can ask for instructions on where to go to obtain vaccination or on how to request an exemption. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated (that is, at least two weeks past their final does of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof, or have an approved medical or religious exemption, on or before their start date.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
NEW HIRE HOURLY RATE:
Psych Nurse II (RN): $33.80/hr - $35.30/hr
Psych Nurse III (BSN): $37.27/hr - $38.77/hr
POSITION SUMMARY: Obtain, record, and communicate important clinical information regarding consumers and provide clinical services within a multidisciplinary team environment. Position requires current Colorado RN licensure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological problem identification, crisis interventions, and similar services to assigned consumers.
- Provide limited case management services to consumers as needed.
- Assist consumers with psychological and social development and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate consumer’s use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with other clinical staff and psychiatrist(s).
- Draw blood for lab work for consumers.
- Monitor consumer’s vital signs.
- Administer medications including intramuscular medications.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/organization meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado. License must be in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years nursing experience working clinic environment. Experience
with the severe and persistently mentally ill or similar populations strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy and community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may be required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Schedules such as four 8’s and a half day or four 10 hours days available. DAY HOURS