Program Manager – Vocational Rehabilitation
Position Summary: Provide supervision to multi-disciplinary staff to ensure efficient team operations. Coordinate team functions and community activities to enhance the quality of treatment consumers receive. Operate within established budgetary guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure accuracy, quality and efficiency standards are met with regards to medical records standards and case management services for consumers. Advocate appropriate services for consumers.
- Identify, implement and monitor customer service standards to ensure team is meeting internal and external customer needs and perform all services in a professional manner.
- Participate in the development of long and short term goals for the team that are consistent with program and organizational goals.
- Train and evaluate clinical and administrative support staff to maintain quality within the team, encourage growth and development of staff while instilling awareness of cultural diversity.
- Complete performance evaluations timely and provide appropriate coaching and counseling to ensure all employees perform at satisfactory levels, identify when discipline is appropriate.
- Participate in the selection process for internal and external candidates for clinical and support positions.
- Conduct timely audits to ensure compliance with MHCD policies, State and other regulatory policies regarding clinical care and documentation. Revise and update internal policies.
- Assist with the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting needs of the team. Take corrective action as needed to ensure compliance of established budget.
- Perform other responsibilities as required or assigned.
Education: Masters Degree in related field, CPRP is preferred or required following employment within one year.
Experience: Two or more years working in the field of Psychiatric Rehabilitation. One to two years in mental health or human services field; 2+ years supervisory experience required.
- Solid customer and community relations and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written memos, letters and reports of a complex nature.
- Ability to supervise a multi-disciplinary staff: Clinical and Administrative.
- Ability to chart, document, review and present clinical cases to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to understand different cultural needs of consumer and communicate effectively.
- Solid knowledge of clinical supervision.
- Solid knowledge of case management skills and care coordination.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and assess consumers in crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Solid knowledge of management applications as they relate to the mental health environment.
- Ability to create a treatment and/or outcome plan with measurable results. Includes transition and discharge planning.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
How to Apply: Send your resume & cover letter via email: [email protected] Or, fax to: 303-758-5793
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top