- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Trauma informed principles are actively practiced and supported across all areas of the Mental Health Center of Denver. No weekends or late evenings, this is a M-F day position that has holidays off.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $17.50/hr - $21.00/hr
***Please note that these are variable hour/pool work openings. ***
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties to assist Pharmacist in pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Mixes pharmaceutical preparations, labels and fills bottles with prescribed tablets and capsules.
- Enters prescription information into pharmacy computer system.
- Assists Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Assists in maintaining inventory records.
- Maintains records of medication and equipment dispensed to patient, computes charges, and enters data into computer.
- Cleans equipment and sterilizes glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Maintains daily pharmacy records, as directed.
- Assists in stocking shelves, checking prices and maintaining inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma, or equivalent. Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year Pharmacy Technician
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Back to top