Position Summary: Manager of Record for either the MHCD Pharmacy or the Wellshire Pharmacy. Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the pharmacy. Provide supervision to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, as assigned. Works closely with pharmacy leadership team, as required, promoting departmental goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manager of Record with the Board of Pharmacy. Fulfill all requirements and maintain all records as defined by the State of Colorado Pharmacy Rules and Regulations (CSR 7.00.00)) and federal regulations.
- Work with the Lead Technician regarding day-to-day workflow and technician duties.
- Maintain records required by and assist Associate Director of Pharmacy with third party audits. Audits include, but not limited to, those conducted by insurance plans, PBMs, DME, DEA, and Fraud, Waste and Abuse.
- Identify, implement, and monitor customer service standards to ensure team is meeting internal and external customer needs and perform all services in a professional manner.
- Conduct timely audits to ensure compliance with MHCD policies and all accrediting and licensing agencies.
- Ensure established procedures pertaining to quality assurance, controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous drug waste are met.
- Direct supervisory duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Pharmacy. Supervisory duties may include:
- Train and evaluate staff to maintain quality within the team, encourage growth and development of staff while instilling awareness of cultural diversity.
- Participate in the selection process for internal and external candidates.
- Complete performance evaluations in a timely manner and provide appropriate coaching and counseling to ensure all employees perform at satisfactory levels. Identify when discipline is appropriate.
- Maintain inventory within financial guidelines determined by Director of Pharmacy Programs and/or Associate Director of Pharmacy.
- Participate in the development of long and short term goals for the team that are consistent with program and organizational goals.
- Participate in Saturday on call rotation.
- Precept pharmacy students, as required.
- Participate in the MHCD Safety Team in the capacity of safety captain.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow the professional code of ethics for pharmacists.
- Fulfill all pharmacist duties as described in the Staff Pharmacist Job Description.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Pharmacy and/or Associate Director of Pharmacy.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
Licensure: Colorado Pharmacist license in good standing
Experience: Minimum three years of experience as a pharmacist. At least 2 years of supervisory experience required.
Skills and Compentencies:
- Solid customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Ability to understand different cultural needs of consumer and communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct supervisory responsibilities of staff pharmacists and pharmacy technicians as assigned by Associate Director of Pharmacy and/or Director of Pharmacy Programs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment, as well as the Parata MAX robot and other counting machines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Required manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone, and other office and/or clerical equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision
Typical Mental Demands: Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them. Must maintain professional demeanor with consumers, medical staff and employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top