Payee Representative – Healthcare
POSITION SUMMARY: In regard to individual consumers who have been court ordered or have chosen Mental Health Center Denver as the individual’s Payee, represent the organization as Payee. Receive, record, and track income for individual consumers. Make payments on behalf of and disburse funds to individual consumers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive and record income on behalf of individual consumers.
- Prepare budget with consumer by determining needs and goals.
- Prepare checks to pay expenses and provide consumer personal funds.
- Track all transactions on accounting software.
- Reconcile and monitor balances for compliance with MHCD, state and federal parameters.
- Prepare periodic reports for Social Security Administration and other regulatory agencies. Maintain communication with those agencies in the best interest of consumers.
- Coordinate with MHCD clinical staff when necessary on behalf of consumers.
- Educate, guide, and train other staff on the Client Trust Fund, and the role and responsibilities of Payeeships.
EDUCATION: Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a community mental health center or within the mental health field. Minimum of a year experience in Accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting or broad payeeship.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to track information accurately using a computer database.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top