Part-time Psychiatric Nurse I (LPN) or II (RN) - Solution Center - 1st Floor - Team 880 - Sat Night
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
NEW HIRE HOURLY RATE:
Psychiatric Nurse I (LPN) - $25.06/hr - $29.49/hr
Psychiatric Nurse II (RN) - $29.49/hr - $35.40/hr
$2.00/hr Awake Overnight differential
**This is a Part-time position, working the night shift on Saturday**
POSITION SUMMARY: Obtain, record, and communicate important clinical information regarding consumers and provide clinical services within a multidisciplinary team environment. Position requires current Colorado RN licensure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological problem identification, crisis interventions, and similar services to assigned consumers.
- Provide limited case management services to consumers as needed.
- Assist consumers with psychological and social development and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate consumer’s use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with other clinical staff and psychiatrist(s).
- Draw blood for lab work for consumers.
- Monitor consumer’s vital signs.
- Administer medications including intramuscular medications.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/organization meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. Licensed as a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in good standing with the Board of Nursing of the State of Colorado.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of experience working with consumers with a serious and persistent mental illness preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy and community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may be required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Back to top