On-Site Apartment Manager – Humboldt
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide on-site management and administrative services in a small apartment community serving residents with a severe and persistent mental illness. These individuals will receive case management and other clinical services from MHCD.
Compensation includes an apartment unit, salary and benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee safety and protective atmosphere of building and residents.
- Coordinate periodic social activities with apartment residents and other MHCD staff.
- Advise and consult with MHCD case managers and supervisor of consumer changes (unusual behaviors, missing, difficulties). All treatment decisions shall be made by clinical staff.
- Call for crisis intervention as needed, including but not limited to, reporting any serious rule violations/ illegal activities to supervisor and/or police.
- Coordinate move-ins, move-outs, and apartment inspections with MHCD case managers and residents.
- Assist resident in completion and submission of maintenance work orders.
- Clean common areas: hallways, laundry room, and community space.
- Update supervisor on important issues or concerns regarding the apartments and residents.
- Clean vacant units.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalency.
EXPERIENCE: Prefer previous apartment manager experience. Experience working with disabled population preferred. Some mental health experience is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to coordinate social activities with apartment residents and clinical staff.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Physical ability to bend, stretch and lift 20 pounds.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS: Salaried position. Must carry pager at all times and respond to pages. Must be present on-site 12 A.M. to 8 A.M. daily (including weekends), plus an additional four hours per week (two – 2 hour blocks as agreed upon with Supervisor).
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top