POSITION SUMMARY: Install, update, and oversee the operation of the organization’s local/wide area networks and network elements. Design network configuration, resolve complex problems, and research new network technologies. Assist with IT vendor evaluations, products, plans, and policies to ensure efficient and effective use of computer and related technology. Assist with the creation and maintenance of security protocols, hardware and software standards, and overall technology planning within the organization. Provide technical assistance to end-users in a variety of ways.
Salary Range: $80,000/yr. – $85,000/yr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage on-site firewall, hubs, switches, and routers and work with the help-desk and other office locations to ensure access for each location.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network, hardware, and software related problems.
- Assist with the creation & maintenance of security protocols, hardware and software standards, and overall technology planning within the organization.
- Work seamlessly with existing third-party hardware and software vendors to ensure services continue uninterrupted for MHCD.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning.
- Provide Tier 3 support on complex technical issues to the internal help-desk and end users when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain diagrams of the network infrastructure and connectivity.
- Mentor the other IT staff by coaching them on effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Assist Purchasing with research, recommends equipment, peripherals, warranties, supplies, and implementation of new hardware and software.
- Ensure compliance with computer standards, license agreements, regulations, and internal policies & procedures.
- Assist with IT vendor evaluations, products, plans, and policies to ensure efficiencies are in place and solutions are effective.
- Recommend equipment, peripherals, and upgrades to keep the network and systems running efficiently for end users.
- Document changes and additions to the environment, including support documentation for the help-desk
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Some travel within the Denver metro area required
EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor degree in computer science or related technology field. Some college or technical school education and experience equivalent accepted with certifications preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS: Current CCNA required; Current CCNP a plus
WORKING EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years’ technical experience in networking. Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN/MAN administration. Analytical proficiency and working knowledge of information systems. Knowledge of server virtualization technologies a plus. Data center experience a plus.
HARDWARE EXPERIENCE: Juniper SRX Firewalls; Palo Alto Firewalls; SonicWall Firewalls; Cisco routers and switches; Meraki switches and WAPs;
NETWORK TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE: EIGRP; OSPF; TCPIP
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent troubleshooting skill, strong ability to recognize urgency and prioritize. Flexibility and organization are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff. Good written and verbal communication skills, translating technical jargon and specifics to easily-understood lay terminology.
- Analyze complex, technical issues to develop practical solutions and plans of action. Efficiency in multitasking- transition from routine tasks to emerging issues and back again.
- Will have access to confidential and sensitive personnel, financial, and consumer information. Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in these aspects.
- Knowledge of medical/clinical systems a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision. However, will provide guidance to Systems Administrators and Helpdesk.
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top