Mastered Level Mental Health Social Worker with ability to be Licensed Clinician (LCSW/LPC/LMFT) - Solutions Center - part time - Sat day shift - 6:30am to 7:30pm
- New York, NY
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: Mental Health Center of Denver is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
BENEFITS STATEMENT: All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for MHCD’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://mhcd.org/workplace-of-choice/.
COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: Under the COVID-19 mandate issued by the Denver Department of Public Health and Environment on August 2, 2021, current MHCD personnel must be fully vaccinated, or be approved for exemption, no later than September 30, 2021. “Fully vaccinated” means two weeks (14 days) after receiving the final dose of vaccine. The “final dose” is the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or the single dose of a one dose vaccine (J&J).
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
IDEAL CANDIDATE: We are seeking individuals who are Clinical Social Workers, Additions Counselors, Masters Level Practical Counselors, and Marriage and Family Therapists. The ideal candidate must either be upon hire or on track to receive their license within 12 months of hire. MHCD provides free licensure supervision. Candidates who have passed their licensure exam and are receiving supervision, and can be licensed in less than 12 months may be considered for this position.
POSITION SUMMARY-- Provide direct mental health clinical assessments and treatment to individuals with mental illness. Work with others in a clinical team environment to help individuals move toward recovery.
MASTERS SALARY RANGE (MHCD provides free licensure supervision): $22.97/hr - $27.56/hr
LICENSED SALARY RANGE (LCSW/LPC/LMFT): plus $2/hr overnight differential (6:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.): $28.48/hr - $34.18/hr
HOURS: **This is a part-time position working Saturday, day shift from 6:30am to 7:30pm **
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy to assigned clients.
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or assigned.
- Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and follow-up at disposition times.
- Assist clients with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate client's use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources.
- Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) “mental health hold” evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or similar field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in the State of Colorado, and/or ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
Minimum of three years experience in clinical social work. Experience working
with moderate to severe and persistently mentally ill populations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening, weekend or on-call hours. Some local travel depending on position.
Back to top