POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the Facilities Operations Manager in ensuring all MHCD Office and Residential housing facilities are properly maintained, serviced, and repaired, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping, etc. Maintains and repairs a variety of complex machines. May assist in installation of new equipment. Performs required mechanical and electrical maintenance functions; does preventative maintenance as scheduled. Uses wide variety of tools; maintains records of work performed, parts used, and time spent. Works with little supervision. This is a journey level position.
Salary Range: $17.26/hr. – $20.74/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor maintenance work performed by contractors and other vendors at MHCD facilities; advise Director of work being performed and of unusual conditions or problems related to work performed by others.
- Respond to emergencies by contacting appropriate service contractor and supervisor. Take required corrective measures to prevent hazard conditions to persons or property.
- Perform walk-through inspections of all sites to locate damage and required repairs. Check buildings and grounds for wear, damage, required service, and fire or safety hazards.
- Maintain landscaping, including lawns, shrubs, trees, flowers, and other landscaping materials. Schedule all snow removal as required by sites.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs such as replacing washers, clearing small drain blockages, caulking fixtures, and repairing toilet flush valves.
- Perform minor electrical repairs such as changing ballast's and replacing broken receptacles, switches, and lamp holders.
- Perform minor repairs to walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, window coverings, etc. Change light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, diffuses, lenses, etc.; change or clean filters in air handling units and terminal units. Monitor and log performance.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance tasks including cleaning, lubricating, inspecting, and adjusting heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment on a scheduled basis. Keep required logs of service tasks and dates.
- Perform minor repairs on MHCD vehicles.
- Rotating on-call coverage using company vehicle. (paid time if response necessary)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or G.E.D.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years with hands on experience in building maintenance,
construction, or HVAC controls.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good mechanical aptitude and good understanding of building electrical and mechanical systems and structures.
- Ability to organize tasks and plan schedules.
- Valid current Colorado Driver's License and good driving record.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to work with a variety of tools (hammer, drill, pliers, etc.) and to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening, weekend and rotating on-call duties.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top