Licensed Counselor – CAC II/III or LAC
This position will require two Mental Health/Substance Abuse assessments a day. This position will be evaluating people who are currently involved in the Denver Department of Human Services / Core services. They will provide emergency services, clinical assessments and behavior health treatment including initiating involuntary mental health holds and facilitating access to appropriate treatment services. Work with others in a clinical team environment to help individuals move toward recovery.
- LPC/LMFT $21.93/hr. – $26.30/hr.
- LCSW $23.28/hr. – $27.91/hr.
- CAC II/III Differential: $1.00/hr
- Spanish Language Differential: $2.50/hr. (not required)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform two Mental Health/Substance Abuse assessments a day – Perform 27-65 evaluations.
- Coordinate person/family’s use of outside community resources and behavioral health programs.
- Participate in team/department meetings, training, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in social work or related field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in good standing in the State of Colorado. CAC II, CACIII, or LAC required. Bilingual helpful but not required. Lifespan experience helpful.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in behavioral health setting. Experience working in fast-paced, assessment and triage environment helpful.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to triage crisis situations and intervene appropriately including competence in de-escalation, assessment, crisis intervention and disposition planning.
- Familiarity with the DSM IV/V and diagnostic criteria.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program operation as determined appropriate.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: M – F 8:30am – 5:30pm.
Back to top