Licensed Clinician (PRN Clinician - As Needed) 730p-7a AON
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide emergency services, clinical assessments and behavior health treatment including initiating involuntary mental health holds and facilitating access to appropriate treatment services. Work with others in a clinical team environment to help individuals move toward recovery.
Awake Overnight Differential: $2/hr.
Spanish Language Differential: $2.50/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide triage services including psychological evaluations/crisis identification, crisis interventions, brief therapeutic interventions, and disposition for persons at 24 hour Walk-In-Center. Obtain collateral information and avoid harm and re-traumatization of persons presenting in crisis.
- Perform 27-65 evaluations.
- Develop strength-based crisis/ treatment plans that promote recovery, resiliency, and engagement with formal and informal systems.
- Conduct individual and family interventions that employ evidence-based practices.
- Provide telephonic case management services to persons as needed.
- Work jointly with treatment team to resolve the crisis including consultation with nursing and on-call psychiatrist as needed.
- Assist team in developing safe disposition plan to least restrictive setting.
- Coordinate person/family’s use of outside community resources and behavioral health programs.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD and CCC standards including demographic information needed for billing purposes.
- Participate in team/department meetings, training, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in social work or related field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in good standing in the State of Colorado. CAC II, CACIII, or LAC helpful but not required. Bilingual helpful but not required. Lifespan experience helpful.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in behavioral health setting. Experience working in fast-paced, assessment and triage environment helpful.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to triage crisis situations and intervene appropriately including competence in de-escalation, assessment, crisis intervention and disposition planning.
- Familiarity with the DSM IV/V and diagnostic criteria.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program operation as determined appropriate.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Back to top