Licensed Clinician (LCSW/LPC/LMFT/LAC) - Outpatient - Emerson St
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: We are seeking individuals who are Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Additions Counselors, Licensed Practical Counselors, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists. The ideal candidate will be licensed upon hire. Candidates who have passed their licensure exam and are receiving supervision, and can be licensed in less than 6 months may be considered for this position.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
POSITION SUMMARY-- Provide direct mental health clinical assessments and treatment to individuals with mental illness. Work with others in a clinical team environment to help individuals move toward recovery.
LCSW - $26.02/hr - $31.20/hr
LPC/LMFT - $25.13/hr - $30.13/hr
LAC - $22.57/hr. - $26.90/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification, crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy to assigned clients.
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or assigned.
- Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and follow-up at disposition times.
- Assist clients with psychological development, social development, and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate client's use of other MHCD programs and outside community resources.
- Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) “mental health hold” evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in social work, psychology, or similar field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT in the State of Colorado.
Minimum of three years experience in clinical social work. Experience working
with moderate to severe and persistently mentally ill populations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be required.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
May require occasional evening, weekend or on-call hours. Some local travel depending on position.
Back to top