Leasing Agent – Sanderson Apartments
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the Regional Property Manager with day to day leasing operations for the Sanderson Apartments.
Salary Range: $18.00/hr. – $24.00/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Waitlist management for HUD subsidized Properties- adding and updating records in database
- Call applicants, send and process rental applications (including background checks).
- Schedule and perform lease paperwork with approved applicants.
- Update application/leasing forms to stay in compliance with new and changing HUD regulations.
- Receive and process move out paperwork for residents moving out of apartments.
- Schedule and perform move-in and out inspections with residents.
- Manage past resident accounts and send to collections as appropriate.
- Manage current/past and applicant records in On-Site Property Management software
- Enter monthly payments (rent, security deposit, maintenance fees) made by residents including Section 8 and HUD assistance payments.
- Prepare any correspondence required for residents and file in appropriate tenant files.
- Attend monthly meetings with On-site Managers and the Facilities Property Manager
- Act as a back up to Facilities Office and Property Manager when out on vacation, sick or in required meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Minimum 3 years leasing and property management experience with 1 years minimum experience in affordable housing. Bilingual experience a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Working knowledge of property management software, preferably On-Site by RealPage. Communication with vendors and contractors.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Highly developed personal and written communication skills.
- Advanced level of personal computer skills, including spreadsheets, graphics, and word processing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in decisions and contract negotiations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Occasional. Act as a back up to Regional Property Manager.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach,, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top