LCSW - ASL Sign Proficient - Team 724
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
Meet one of our employees:
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a unique opportunity to provide direct clinical care for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, adolescents, and adults in both an outpatient and community-based settings. This position actively participates in a multi-disciplinary team that provides comprehensive clinical services. The approach of the team is characterized by being strengths-based, client-centered, culturally competent and community responsive.
LCSW - $26.02/hr - $31.20/hr
ASL DIFFERENTIAL - $2.50/HR
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide diagnostic mental health assessments as well as individual, family, play, couple, and/or group psychotherapy along with crisis intervention and case management.
- Develop treatment plans, monitor treatment progress and follow-up as clinically indicated.
- Facilitate the coordination of medication/medicinal needs of clients with psychiatric, case management, and medical resources.
- Facilitate the individual’s and family’s growth and development with an emphasis on strengths and resiliency.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of the individual’s and family’s growth and development.
- Ability to effectively deliver services over telehealth video platform
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical documentation consistent with agency standards.
- Participate in team meetings, in-services and supervisory sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling or other similar field. Current license as a LCSW/LPC/LMFT/Licensed Psychologist in the State of Colorado or immenently license eligible. CACIII a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Experience providing clinical mental health services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and adults. Play therapy and substance use treatment experience preferred.
Use of auxiliary services including sign language interpreting, CART services, communication access technology such as videophones and captioned phones. Strong knowledge of the diverse linguistic, cultural, psychosocial, access and communication needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing populations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in American Sign Language required.
- Knowledge and training in methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of therapeutic best practices for deaf and hard of hearing persons.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Familiarity with the DSM 5 and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
- Able to navigate an electronic medical record and utilize technology effectively.
- The ability to create engagement and therapeutic alliances quickly and have a strengths-based focus on what people can do and achieve.
- The ability to partner with clients and families and work alongside them as they shape their wellness, resiliency and recovery is paramount.
- The ability to establish effective collaborative partnerships as well as work effectively on one’s own.
- Provide psycho-education and support groups for adults, adolescents, children, families/caregivers.
- Provide some case management and coordination services to persons served as needed.
- Participate in team/MHCD meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Support adolescents, children and their families using a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies (e.g. treating trauma across the lifespan).
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of the Individual/family’s growth and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Back to top