Human Resources Associate
POSITION SUMMARY: Perform a variety of support on projects, and administrative tasks within the Human Resources Department. Support V.P. of Human Resources and HR Managers with the completion of projects, assignments and functions including, but not limited to exit data, internal/external communication, routine employee inquiries, assessments, background checks and recruitment activities. This position also supports/provides coverage for the central office receptionist as needed.
SALARY RANGE: $18.75/hr.-$20.67/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Track and screen all Resumes/Applications.
- Answer phone calls from applicants regarding receipt of resume, hiring process and status of onboarding process.
- Work in the Talent Management System to assist with recruitment activities as assigned.
- This is including but not limited to: review resumes/applications, job fairs, start background/reference checks, follow-up with applicants, attend recruitment meetings and provide customer service to hiring managers regarding the hiring process.
- Enter Catalytic Coaching (evaluation) records into HR database.
- Complete HR data entry and reporting as needed.
- Serve as back-up for onboarding/new hire orientation process as needed.
- Serve as back-up for central office reception (breaks, occasionally lunch, and covering additional time in special circumstances/events).
- Maintain Outlook calendar for V.P. of HR for tasks and meetings as appropriate.
- Conduct exit interviews for employees who are leaving the organization.
- This is including but not limited to: collection of company property, termination paperwork, COBRA, exit survey
- Track and administer the release of Paid Time Off for probationary/benefits eligible employees.
- Track and administer Employee Referral Program.
- Work closely with and follow-up on assigned tasks from Employee Relations Manager and Recruiting and Sourcing Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by V.P. of HR and HR Managers.
EDUCATION: Minimum of high school diploma or equivalency. Some college or post-high school education preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 yrs. previous related office and/or customer service experience required. 2 years of Human Resources experience preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong customer service, organization, adaptability, professional appearance and demeanor. Positive and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers while maintaining composure during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Detailed oriented and organized is a must. Good time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Must be able to work in a diverse work environment with people from all walks of life.
- Type 50 WPM, Internet, Microsoft Office computer experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and similar programs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top