Healthy Living Skills Group Facilitator / Community Advocate – North Park Hill and Dahlia Campus
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be a member of a multi-disciplinary child and family team that provides comprehensive services for children, families, caregivers, and the Denver community. This individual will use a strengths-based, family-centered, culturally competent and community responsive approach to provide empathic, multi-disciplinary, comprehensive, prevention, and early intervention group supports for children, families, and the community. Utilizing this approach, the position provides outpatient therapeutic/preventive supports across the lifespan to children, adolescents, caregivers, family systems, as well as individual adults within the North Park Hill community and beyond. These services will be uniquely tailored to the needs of each individual, family, or collaboration being served.
Additionally, this individual will build and strengthen strategic partnerships and collaborations within Child & Family and organizations within the North Park Hill area and further throughout the Denver Metro area. This individual will outreach, market, and engage community-based organizations in the Healthy Living Team mission, vision, and operations. In addition, develop innovative points of entry to MHCD’s Healthy Living Team and coordinate presentations, events, and specialized programming throughout North Park Hill and the Denver area. Promote Child & Family Services as the provider of choice for supporting the health and well-being of children and families. This individual must be comfortable with navigating and outreaching within the North Park Hill community and have healthy and established relationships within North Park Hill.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide strengths-based, family-centered, culturally competent, and community responsive prevention and early intervention group supports in an empathic, multi-disciplinary, comprehensive manner for children, families, and the community within the North Park Hill community and greater Denver Metro area.
- Use their upbeat personality and ability to build positive relationship building with local community-based organizations and media outlets in North Park Hill, while executing any administrative, advertising, marketing and/or event planning as required to create excitement and engagement for the Healthy Living Program.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service to community members, families, and collaborating organizations.
- Develop relationships with community-based organizations that result in appropriate referrals to MHCD’s Healthy Living Team.
- Arrange presentations to community-based organizations that increase the health and well-being and prevention literacy of community members.
- Organize events at community sites that focus on the provision of mental health services to underserved populations (e.g. assessments and evaluations)
- Coordinate the provision of specialized programs to community members at community-based sites
- Must be able to research and build culturally sensitive/inclusive, strength-based, family-centered, empathic, multi-disciplinary, and community effective curriculums to be delivered and supported of the community needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in social work, communications, marketing, media or related field a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years promotion or marketing representative/advocate or related position requiring printed and digital promotional creativity and collaboration. Minimum 2 years of group facilitation experience. Experience with Health and Wellness programming and promotion a plus. Group facilitation and engagement skills a must.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES: Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage details with a high degree of accuracy and responsiveness. Good time management. Able to write, edit, and proofread independently with excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and appropriate professional tone. Healthy relationship building. Healthy group engagement and group facilitation skills. Technologically savvy with excellent computer and social media skills as related to creating printed and/or digital promotional materials. Strong internal and external customer service orientation; able to communicate and coordinate effectively with diverse populations and organizations at all levels. Group facilitation and engagement/relationship building skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top