Full-time Psychiatrist – Bilingual Preferred
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
STARTING SALARY: $115/hr. - $125/hr.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide medical/clinical services to clients at the team(s) assigned by the Chief Medical Officer. Bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide direct psychiatric services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications.
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Handle psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations and court evaluations.
- Complete necessary medical records and reports.
- Provide back-up psychiatric coverage throughout the Corporation during operating hours.
- Supervise and provide necessary medical services of psychiatric clients. Primary and/or non-psychiatric medical care will be referred to appropriate sources.
- Supervise the treatment of involuntary center clients and comply with 27-10 rules and regulations.
- Supervise the treatment plans of assigned clients.
- Supervise and consult on medical screen reviews.
- Testify at court hearing of clients as necessary.
- Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
- Participate in program development with Division/Team Psychiatrist as assigned.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Board eligible desirable.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of psychiatric residency from an approved Adult Program. 5 years of psychiatric residency from an approved Child and Family Program. Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency highly preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed principles and practices.
- Medical expertise.
- Expertise in use of psychotropic drugs.
- Knowledge and competency in all facets of mental health treatment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to participate in service delivery with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate with staff and other agencies in a professional manner.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them
- Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency highly preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide weekly supervision to assigned psychiatrist resident. Supervise treatment plans of assigned clinicians. Provide medical/clinical supervision to assigned team(s). Supervise and assure quality of nursing services on assigned team(s).
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Back to top