Early Childhood MH Consultant (Spanish or Arabic fluency preferred)
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do. The Mental Health Center of Denver PLAY team delivers compassionate, strengths based, preventative supports to families with children ages birth-5. Our aim is to support the healthy social and emotional development of children, as well as improve the quality of care in early childcare settings. We are passionate, hopeful and curious. We value being present with our clients, growing together and laughing. Join our team and see why MHCD is consistently named one of Denver’s Top Places To Work!
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide prevention based mental health consultation to young children ages birth to five in preschool/early childhood settings.
NEW HIRE SALARY RANGE:
Mental Health Therapist II (Master's Degree): $21.57/hr - $25.90/hr
LMFT/LPC: $25.13/hr - $30.13/hr
LCSW: $26.02/hr - $31.20/hr
Spanish Bilingual - $2.50/hr differential
Arabic Bilingual - $1.00/hr differential
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide consultation to childcare center staff regarding individual children, including providing guidance about challenging behaviors. Consultant will meet regularly with staff and parents to assess and understand the individual needs of the child and work with the team to develop developmentally and culturally appropriate interventions.
- Observe children in their childcare setting to assess functioning, relationships with caregivers and other children, and “fit” in the program.
- Meet on-site at childcare program with families to complete assessments, provide developmental guidance and referrals, including linkage to clinical services. Actively assist families in referral process.
- Meet regularly with the childcare staff and the director to address programmatic concerns that affect the quality of care provided to the children, as requested, i.e., inter-staff relations, program-wide concerns/changes, staff turnover, curriculum. This includes meeting regularly with staff to develop and support reflective functioning.
- Facilitate social/emotional groups for young children.
- Provide psycho-education and support to families/caregivers.
- Provide regular trainings to center staff and parents on social / emotional topics.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in adherence with program expectations and accountability requirements.
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervision as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or PhD, PsyD. Current License in Colorado as an LCSW, LPC or LMFT preferred.
Minimum of one year of experience working with children ages birth to 5 in a Mental health capacity preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Arabic highly preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience as a mental health clinician specializing in psychotherapeutic work with young children (ages 0-5) and their families.
- Ability to create strong relationships with adults and children with an understanding of, and respect for, culture and diversity.
- Knowledge of early development, infant/preschool mental health theory and infant/ preschool mental health interventions and trauma informed care.
- Work experience in group-settings for children.
- Experience with assessment of young children's social and emotional functioning.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of group dynamics and intervention with adults.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
- Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency or English/Arabic proficiency highly preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Back to top