Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant, Licensed – Bilingual Spanish
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide prevention based mental health support and early intervention to young children ages birth to five in preschool/early childhood settings. Spanish Bilingual- $2.50/hr. differential.
LCSW $24.21/hr. – $29.03/hr.
LPC/LMFT $22.81/hr. – $27.35/hr.
$2.50/hr. differential for Spanish Bilingual.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide case-centered consultation to childcare center staff regarding individual children, including providing guidance about challenging behaviors. Consultant will meet regularly with staff and parents to assess and understand the individual needs of the child and work with the team to develop developmentally appropriate interventions.
2. Observe children in their childcare setting to assess functioning, relationships with caregivers and other children, and “fit” in the program.
3. Meet on-site at childcare program with families to complete assessments, provide developmental guidance and referrals, including linkage to clinical services. Actively assist families in referral process.
4. Meet regularly with the childcare staff and the director to address programmatic concerns, as requested, i.e., inter-staff relations, program-wide concerns/changes, staff turnover, curriculum.
5. Provide consultation to center staff on programmatic issues that affect the quality of care provided to the children, as requested.
6. Facilitate social/emotional groups for young children.
7. Provide individual and/ or family psychotherapy to young children with clinical disorders.
8. Provide psycho-education and support to families/caregivers.
9. Maintain accurate and timely documentation in adherence with program expectations and accountability requirements.
10. Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervision as required.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Masters degree in psychology, social work, or counseling. Current License in Colorado as an LCSW, LPC or LMFT.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of experience working with children preferably ages birth to 5 in a Mental health capacity.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience as a mental health clinician specializing in psychotherapeutic work with young children and their families.
- Knowledge of early development, infant/preschool mental health theory and infant/ preschool mental health interventions.
- Work experience in group-settings for children.
- Experience with assessment of young children’s social and emotional functioning.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of group dynamics and intervention with adults.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required ( $2.50/hr. differential).
Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach,, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer/scanner, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Evony provides Spanish-speaking services to children, adolescents, and families at El Centro, a bilingual clinic that is part of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
Back to top