Data Scientist - Finance & Business Operations Specialist
- Denver, CO
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
STARTING SALARY: $75,000 - $85,000 per year
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
Position Summary: Provide timely, actionable insight to complex problems through creative reporting, modeling, analysis, and visualization.
Essential job functions
- Create flexible, production-ready tools that promote access to data and insight across the organization.
- Work with data and application developers to perform ETL supporting reporting and modeling.
- Consult with end users to identify ways in which data science can help solve business problems.
- Propose novel applications of new data science practices gained through ongoing training and networking
- Maintain source control and documentation of your projects
- Provide quality assurance testing and review for data and reporting products
- Other duties as assigned by the Data Sciences Manager.
Education: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, statistics or other quantitative field or comparable education and training.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience providing meaningful analysis, reporting, and work with complex datasets. Experience within a healthcare environment highly valued.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in SQL and Tableau.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity and experience with human-centered design practices
- Commitment to ethical and high-quality analytics and research practices
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in an agile development environment.
- Statistical and/or machine learning skills, such as classification, forecasting, and clustering desired. Interest in natural language processing or text mining a plus.
- Experience with R, Python, PowerBI or other visualization tools a plus
Finance and Business Operations Specialty:
- Finance background required; Accounting background highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Financial modeling, reporting and budgeting experience
- Familiarity with General Ledger and Electronic Health Record systems a plus
- Clinical services background a plus
- Healthcare reporting experience
- Familiaritywith Electronic Health Record systems and documentation a plus
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision of staff. Within an assigned project, may oversee collaborating staff and ensure project requirements are being met.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: PC Computer, MS Office software, MS SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau, R, Python
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Back to top