Position Summary: Provide timely, actionable insight to complex problems through creative reporting, modeling, analysis, and visualization.
Pay Range: $27.00 – $38.00/hr.
Essential job functions
- Create flexible, production-ready tools that promote access to data and insight across the organization.
- Use statistical and/or machine learning techniques to understand outcomes, processes and provide for data-driven decision making.
- Work with data and application developers to perform ETL supporting reporting and modeling.
- Consult with end users to identify ways in which data science can help solve business problems.
- Propose novel applications of new data science practices gained through ongoing training and networking
- Maintain source control and documentation of your projects
- Provide quality assurance testing and review for data and reporting products
- Other duties as assigned by the Data Sciences Manager.
Education: Minimum of bachelor's degree in statistics or other quantitative field, or comparable education and training.
Experience: Minimum of one year experience providing meaningful analysis, reporting, and work with complex datasets. Experience within a healthcare environment highly valued.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong programming skills, including proficiency in at two or more of the following: SQL, R, Python (for data), Spark, Tableau.
- Statistical and/or machine learning skills, such as classification, forecasting, and clustering. Interest in natural language processing or text mining a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with web APIs, Azure (or AWS), and Docker desirable, but not required
- Commitment to ethical and high quality analytics and research practices
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in an agile development environment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision of staff. Within an assigned project, may oversee collaborating staff and ensure project requirements are being met.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: PC Computer, MS Office software, MS SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau, R, Python
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
Meet Some of Mental Health Center of Denver's Employees
Gary manages the peer support staff in the Rehabilitation Department. The team’s main goal is to help individuals reintegrate into the community and become self-sufficient.
Back to top